Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's cold here, but poems make me warm

Well, before heading off to snuggle under the covers, I thought to take a moment to write some thoughts on writing. I went to the Farnsworth Art Museum here today and spent a bit of time in the galleries. In particular I visited the Louise Nevelson exhibit again. I am amazed by her art, but not that for which she is most famed (the sculptures). I love her paintings of people, especially of women. I am so inspired by them. So there I was with my ever-present notebook and a pen. time few by. I made TONS of notes and actually have the bones of a new poem. I also (SHOCK!) have some ideas for a short story. Well, those of you who know me well will be laughing right now and thinking to yourselves "somehow this story will end up a poem!" Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell. But for now, I am happily in my own head writing the draft of today's poem. That is how it begins for me... in my head for several drafts and then it falls out onto the page or screen and the REAL work starts. Let's talk about PROCESS. If you're up to it, write a response about how YOU get going on a creative project. (Non-poets, contribute what revs you up in any creative projects). Let's blog! Don't make me the only one who writes here! 

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post here to comment. Join as a follower!